by HardeL on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:18 amSince we are working hard on a server update, and players are from all over the world. It could be that you are playing in other instances of Ironbane.
To prevent this use http://126.96.36.199:8080#/game as link to play.
Within 12 hours all of this will be solved automagically.
The Ironbane team
P.S. Because we are working on double servers for these 12 hours, it can happen that some of your data from the next 12 hours is lost.
by HardeL on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:24 pmDear community folks,
Since you all know the next update is comming close, it’s time to be teased by your lovely devs.
What will 0.4.5 bring us all?
- Cookies and Pie
- Item name colors based on rarity
- Items overhauled. A new system for items and their strengths
- Healing items actually heal your friends
- Fixes in the swear filter
As you all see there are many updates that speak for themselves, except for the items.
We made a formula to classify weapons easier and more structured. Instead of having to hover over your inventory and keep track of the damage and speed in your head. We now added background colors for classes and rarities. There are 5 different types or rarities.
- Weak -> These are the easy to get weapons, the free and dull ones.
- Normal -> You get these from for example killing weak enemies.
- Strong -> Strong weapons are rare drops you can anywhere.
- Epic -> Epic weapons are even more rare which you will probably on get from bosses
- Legendary -> These items are the most rare and very hard to get.
- Sword A is Weak
its damage is 2
and attack speed 1.00
Its dropped by enemy A at a chance of 30%
- Sword B is Normal
its damage is 3
and attack speed 1.00
Its dropped by enemy A at a chance of 10%
- Sword C is Strong
its damage is 4
and attack speed 0.75
Its dropped by enemy B at a chance of 5%
Until next time, keep honing your dragon-slaying skills!
-The Ironbane Team
by HardeL on Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:27 pmIB-Date 1172013 Good day to our loyal Ironbane community! Our next update may give you a feeling of turbulence, so please fasten your seatbelts.
0.4.4 is coming soon, as you may have guessed. We have been working hard in favor of all you loyal community members to bring you another big moment.
- We have added a new chat command: /zone playername. With this command you can see where your buddies hang out in the world.
- Don't play with fire or you'll get burned! Hackers and other unpleasant people will get to their own place in Ironbane.
- Be polite to our resident dragon, he may not like what you say about him...
- A very simply programmed Ironbot.
Of course, there are many other fixes to the server and engine (https://github.com/ironbane/IronbaneServer), but these are not quite news-worthy material.
In addition, the big bug reward for this week will be a full set of mithril armor when your bug is approved as real and new. Eric will be our designated bug-report-rewarder for the community, and will gladly reward the helpful community members designated as recipients of our program.
If you have any questions on bug reporting, or have not read the new manual on doing so, please read the new post by “A.”
Since we get a lot of requests from community members about becoming an admin or GM with no skills in the developing area(code, graphic design, level design, modeling, & etc.), we decided to put effort into providing the opportunity to become one. This will keep us busy for one or two weeks, and when the new program has been integrated, we will start the search for people that suit this function. Until then, we ask that you do not message us or other users about becoming a GM; if you have been found to be a helpful member of our community, we will note you for the future.
For all other questions, we use a new email address at email@example.com. This email goes to all available developers at that moment. This way, we hope to take a little bit of the community-developer interaction workload off Nikke’s shoulders.
Until next time, keep honing your dragon-slaying skills!
-The Ironbane Team
by Nikke on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:34 pmHope you enjoy our Halloween update! No changelog this time, but there are quite some things to be discovered...
It all starts with a pumpkin mask...
by Nikke on Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:04 amAs you may have noticed, we're doing more frequent updates. This allows us to adjust things based on your feedback. In this release, we're doing a few experimental changes. For one, we have disabled health regen in this release. Also we have made the world a lot smaller, so we can focus our development on this smaller area and produce higher quality.
- Improved swearing filter
- Added a channel system. Usage: /join [room] and /leave [room]
- Added private messaging: Usage: @[user] [message]
- Improved world terrain
- Fixed lag when having a lot of projectiles on the screen
- Fixed some NPC's being naked
- You can no longer chat empty messages
- You can no longer register the same username
by Eric on Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:44 amGOOOOD MORNING IRONBANE…
We are excited to announce that 0.4.2 of Ironbane is will be there with some fresh out of the kitchen goody goody goodies for all of us!
For this week we like to present you:
New chat Commands
(If you still have a character with a or special symbol in the name You need to delete and recreate this character with a same name if you want to chat. Sorry for the inconvenience.)
What it was: ( Global chat Situation )
HardeL -> [enter] Hey Eric how are you
Eric -> [enter] Hey HardeL I am fine
What it will be: ( PM Situation )
HardeL -> [@] @Eric Hey Eric how are you
Eric -> [@] @HardeL Hey HardeL I am fine
We’d also like to announce that there will be a map update. However, the new map might shock most of you, as we have decided to shrink most of the current world. The reason for this is that the world as it is right now is very vast, and more importantly, mostly empty. So we talked it over and decided that for now the world will be smaller and the castle much closer than before. Don’t worry, though, as we will add it all back eventually! To avoid enormous, unfinished pieces of the map, we’ll work hard to complete the areas and fill it out with plenty of models, monsters, and other points of interest before we start expanding the map further.
The Ironbane Team
by HardeL on Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:17 pmGood day community,
Yep, once again it’s time for some news. We have been working hard, skipped some sleep and have been coding till our eyes burned. Now what does this mean for you? Update 0.4.1 is coming soon!
In this update some ingame things will change:
- Gameplay will become harder, and staying alive is going to be even more difficult.
(Better carry enough food around or your nice Alabaster Axe will be food for the slimes.)
- Gold is more important. (You need to buy food.)
- There are new chat commands! (Private messaging & rooms / channels)
- The introduction of Ironbot. (Ironbot will enter the game in its alpha form, you cannot see him yet, but he will be there)
- There will be a new dungeon with new bosses and challenging enemies (Don’t go alone in there)
Ironbot will be your ‘Nanny from the darkside’, you’ll either love him or you’ll hate him. This all depends on you and your behaviour. Lately we have been teaching him a lot of bad and faulty words and showed him to to recognize them in sentences. But he won’t be all about being the annoying and diapering robo-admin, the purpose for him is to do cool things really.
Now we have been talking with some of you about this idea ingame and you had lots of great ideas. Some of you wanted him to trade items with you, help you on quests, give hints, detect hackers, or just be a listening ear when you feel emotional or lonely in Ironbane..
The team will open a new topic on the forum called Ironbot, talk about him, give us ideas! ( What should he look like? ) Tell us what would be awesome and what wouldn’t.
The Ironbane team.
by Nikke on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:55 pmThough we are very busy adding new features, it has recently come to our attention that several loyal members of the community have been busy writing...
Be sure to check it out!
by Nikke on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:46 pmAfter weeks of hard work, we are very proud to present you v0.4 of Ironbane! We are still in alpha, meaning that the game still contains a more-than-acceptable amount of glitches. However the list of bugs is schrinking each day, which we thank again to the great community we have had the pleasure of having with us so far. Please keep posting your bug reports, suggestions and comments!
I'd also like to announce that we will no longer make big releases like this one. Instead we will start to ship more frequent but smaller updates to have a shorter feedback loop from the community. We have found that this workflow also motivates us more as a tean.
- The swearfilter now also works on the chat bubbles
- Added /stuck command
- Added zeppelins
- Added civilians
- Added a lot of new models
- Added basic aggro system
- Improved and more detailed zones
- Improved pathfinding for NPC's
- Turrets now have an appearance
- Improved lighting and atmosphere
- You can now aim directly on NPC's (before you had to aim at the ground they were standing on)
- Creating a new character now randomizes the appearance
- Fixed IB not working on Firefox and Linux
- Holding the jump key now correctly makes the player jump repeatedly
- Falling through the world is now less likely to happen
- Fixed "ghost mode"
- Arrows and bows now play the correct sounds
- Fixed buggy jumping in water
- Fixed turrets sometimes not shooting at players
- Fixed player names in chat having wrong colors
- Server now auto-restarts every 24 hours to prevent file-reading errors
- Fixed buttons in the main menu causing layout issues
- Character customization buttons now work more properly
- You can no longer get stuck in objects
- Fixed main menu view being different after already having played
- Standing on moving objects is now less buggy
- We've updated the README on GitHub for the latest details concerning installation.
by Nikke on Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:39 pmI'm excited to announce that we will be releasing v0.4 in the night of 5 October, that's next Saturday!