by Nikke on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:14 pmWe've decided to open source Ironbane, so now anyone can work on it easily! The source code is now live on GitHub and you can install and play around with it on your local machine! Be sure to read the Getting Started section on the repositories. If you need help setting things up, let me know!
In addition, there is now a reputation system in place for people who help out! Whether it's forum posts, bug reports, new content or pull requests you will get rewarded! Read more on the Get Involved page.
by Nikke on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:52 pmNot a radical release, but a major one due to the amount of bugfixes and editor additions for the team.
- Fixed sprites showing black
- Fixed some lighting artifacts on models
- Fixed most transparency issues with models
- Fixed guests not being able to play again after being killed
- Changed weapon range of melee weapons
- Editor: Added grid snapping (by default enabled)
- Editor: Rotation of models now auto snap to 5 degrees
- Editor: Added option to ignore the bounding box of the adjacent model
- Editor: Fixed models snapping to bad angles when rotating backwards
- Editor: Fixed models not being deleted sometimes
- Editor: Fixed models still having an invisible collision box when deleted
- Editor: Models now have a 'transparent' field in the database
by Nikke on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:38 amThe Ironbane team and myself would like to wish you the best for 2013. We've got a lot planned and hope to deliver you an awesome game that will blow you away. This update aims to bring you a more polished experience, with better animations and loading screens as well as some experimenting, namely the use of melee weapons as projectiles. I've personally found the old melee combat somewhat dull and find the current solution a worthy alternative which is more fun. Opinions vary of course, and I welcome you to share your vision of this update.
- Improved loading transitions
- Added new dying animations
- Fixed some caching issues with character selection screen
- Fixed some tiles looking strange from far away
- All melee attacks now use projectiles (experimental)
- Changed aiming icons (experimental)
- Projectiles can no longer hit friendly targets
- Editor: Models can now be categorized
by Nikke on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:55 pmI would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas! I do apologize for the lack of Christmas content, but I'm sure you would appreciate us working on getting the game finished rather than some fancy santa stuff delaying development. Ironbane is getting more awesome by the minute as this update includes support for artificial lighting! It's definitely something which we will need to spice up the atmosphere and bring Ravenwood Village and various other locations more to life.
- Added artificial lighting
- Aiming icon now changes when you just fired your weapon
- Vendors now restock their original inventory after 5 minutes
- Editor: Enabling no longer requires refreshing the page
- Editor: Added coins cheat
- Editor: Added ForceNight cheat
- Editor: Added slider to change the time of the day
- Editor: Removed mpHeightOffset from Model Placer
- Editor: Model placer now places models correctly onto other models
by Nikke on Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:08 amWe've finally added a first version of our theme song, with special thanks to Tom Peter's hard work! Other interesting changes include Permadeath and the disabling of global PvP. We're convinced that PvP is exciting and a must-have, but we feel it will ruin the Co-op experience that we want to have at all costs. Expect to see Arenas and other exciting PvP opportunies later!
- Added theme music
- Added button to toggle sound
- Added permadeath
- Monsters that don't carry a weapon now "dash" into the enemy
- Reduced attack angle from 180 to 120 degrees
- Shift-key now allows you to walk slower and rotate faster
- Disabled PvP
- Fixed weapons not scaling when a monster was scaled
- Fixed NPC's not showing eyes
- Fixed some armor not being shown on the player
- Editor: Added item giving cheat
by Nikke on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:37 pmIt's been a while, but we've been busy adding new stuff and doing bug fixes! If you encounter bugs or have a cool suggestion, let us know at the forum!
- Added more customization to characters
- You can now use your weapon even when out of range
- Reduced melee weapon range by 40%
- Fixed armor images showing up wrong
- Fixed fire staff not working
- Fixed crucial bug where players would not see others after just being killed
- Fixed (most) transparent issues with models
- Fixed NPC's "bugging" when standing on the same spot
- Editor: Added backup feature
- Editor: Added Speed Cheat
- Editor: Added 4x Paint Mode (experimental)
- Editor: World Painter now loads first category by default, not the last
by Nikke on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:05 pmWe've finally released the first alpha release of Ironbane for you to enjoy! There are still plenty of bugs and unfinished things, but nevertheless we hope you enjoy what we got so far!
- Fixed distant holes in terrain
- Fixed camera sometimes staying stuck in first person view
- Fixed enemies not attacking when you sneak behind them
- Updated home screen
- Updated forum look
by Pixeltasim on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:26 pm
Thats right! Ironbane is finally ready to let the community have a go at it! While far from feature complete, it has the base mechanics that will make up the game. We are really excited to let the community start playing and the team is working hard to put the game in a playable state before opening it up to the public.
Countdown to Alpha!
We can't wait for you to join us in the world of Ironbane!
Be sure to follow us on https://twitter.com/IronbaneMMO
by Nikke on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:12 pmIt took a while, but it's finally here. It's far from perfect and there are still many nasty bugs and glitches, but we'll fix that all along the way!
Check out the changelog here
by Nikke on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:01 amHey everyone,
The website is back online after a serious (sudden) downtime due to unforeseen events. The web-server had to be upgraded for security reasons, but this caused massive incompatibility issues which had to be resolved. Given my strict time schedule this was not an easy task.
In other news, I have been able to work further on Ironbane and have managed to do so with great progress! A lot of things have changed and I will be pleased to hear your feedback once the new version is ready for a test play.
Hope to hear you soon!